More about the workshops that I offer
I provide a variety of introductory and intermediate half day and full day willow workshops.
Half day workshop (willow)
These workshops usually cost £45 and are ideal for participants who have a little or no experience of making a willow sculpture and so is an ideal introduction to the art.
Topics will include working with live/ green willow to create live willow domes and fedges.
Small birds, bird feeders, medium willows obelisks/ globes, flowers.
Garden items e.g. obelisks, plant climbers ,bird feeders, plant trellises.
Catalonian platters, small baskets.free form baskets.
Full day workshops fall into two categories
1. Activities for students who are new to willow sculpture or have some experience:
Large wild birds - e.g herons/ egrets, duck/chickens , rabbits/ hares. medium sized globes and fruit . Bird houses, mushrooms. piglets, lambs
2. Intermediate workshops for students with some experience who have ideally already attended at least one willow sculpture wo workshop
e.gs include Heron, owls , pheasants, peacocks, flamingos, fox, medium deer/reindeer , piglets/ small pig, lamb. Large bird house, large spheres, apples and pears
Intermediate 2 day willow sculpture
I also provide 2 day workshops creating larger/ more detailed animals and more advanced sculpture designs.
Other craft workshops
These workshops vary in price depending on the activity and are aimed and are suitable for anyone unless otherwise states
What to expect at one of my workshops :
- All tools and materials are included,you are welcome to bring your own tools if you wish to.
- If we are working with willow it is useful to bring a large damp towel to wrap the willow in.
- I will provide drinks and light snacks usually cake or fruit please advise me if you have any dietary requirements. and a light lunch on my own full day workshops (please note that other organisations might ask you to bring your own lunch)
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you like working in
- My class sizes are small, with a maximum of 8 participant places on each workshop unless otherwise stated.
- If you are making a large item you might find it easier to sit on the floor and might prefer to bring a cushion to sit on.
- As well as tuition on the day I usually provide further information including links to resources/ materials and other useful web links and how to look after your items.
- Please note that working with materials such as willow and using small tools can be tiring on the hands and require a good level of hand dexterity and will be difficult to do if you have arthritis of a similar condition , please contact me if you have any queries,
- Please note that places must be booked a minimum of week in advance, If I don’t have enough attendees I may need to reschedule.
To book your place please visit my craft shop page listed at the top.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer please email me via email@example.com
Belmont Hall 105 Belmont Rd, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3FL. The hall is located 5 minutes drive from Junction 5, m27 and on bus routes from Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford ( if you are looking for the address on google mail search for Velmore Pre School)
The Botley Centre, High Street Recreation Ground, Botley, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 2ES. a short drive from m27 junction 7
The D@rt Centre, is located 5 minutes drive from M27 Juntion 7 near to Hedge End Village. http://thedart.co.uk/ address Wildern Lane, Hedge End SO30 4EJ
Hedge End Village Hall , St Johns Road,Hedge End, Southampton SO30 4AF https://goo.gl/maps/VrpfyxXuF2M2
Located near to Junction 7 of the m27 and a short distance from Hedge End Train Station and local bus services from Southampton and Eastleigh
The Hilldene Centre, 68 High St, West End, Southampton SO30 3DU which is located a short distance of the m27 junction 7. and accessible by bus from Eastleigh and Southampton http://www.hilldenecentre.org.uk/
The Sorting Office Art Studios, 37, Wells Place Eastleigh, so50 5fy. http://sorting-office.co.uk/about-us
Please that there is no parking at the venue the nearest public car parks are located at the Swan Centre and Mitchel Road, alternatively you can catch the train to Eastleigh Train Station which is a short 5 -10 minutes walk away.
Otterbourne Village Hall ( The Bianchi Suite) Cranbourne Drive, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2ET http://www.otterbournevillagehall.org.uk/