The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website Jaxsarts.co.uk and website owners..The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners and how it stores and protects user data and information
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Recording personal data
We will make and keep a record of the personal data we hold and why we have it along with other requirements. “Personal data” means any information by which a person can be directly or indirectly identified. (after this called the ‘data subject’)
This policy does not apply to businesses as this is not required in the legislation, although if you are a business and wish to opt in/out of receiving any of my mailings etc or book me to work with you then your information will be treated with the same care.
Individual rights relating to personal data
People have the following 7 rights over the personal data we hold about them.
- We will inform people how we use and store their data, and any changes we make to the procedures
- People have a right to request to see a copy of the data that we hold for them
- People have a right to request that data that is stored about them is amended.
- People have a right to request that their data is removed from our records, where appropriate to do so (a record of how this has been processed must be kept and include the date, what was erased and when this was done)
- People have a right to request that we restrict the way their data is processed, for example, mail chimp unsubscribe option
- People have the right to object to the way that their data is handled, for example, if they feel that there data is not being used lawfully to respond to a query etc. as set out under Lawful basis for personal data .
Why we collect your data
- To enable you to make enquiries and for these enquiries to be dealt with.
- To enable JaxsArts to comply with legal safety obligations and allow communication with data subjects about the activities that they wish to be involved in.
- To enable you to purchase items and to enable workshops and classes to take place and relevant information to be given as needed.
- This data will be kept to administer a enquire, and provide a workshop/ activity or as required by such government bodies as the Inland Revenue
- Enable JaxsArts to keep you informed about future activities.
Information that you give us
- For example when you sign up for e-newsletters via https://www.jaxsarts.co.uk
- Send us a completed contact form via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a booking or purchase an item through our website shop
- Make a booking or enquiry through the Craft Course website https://www.craftcourses.com/
- Or make a booking/purchase directly with email@example.com
- The email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
- Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- The option too unsubscribe will depend on the method used to contact you
For further info re anti spam law
Security of your personal information
- JaxsArts will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
- We will only choose third parties for processing your personal information who do the same.
- JaxsArts will only store your personal information for as long as necessary for each process
- Once the activity has taken place all unnecessary data will be removed unless permission has been given to store data i.e for mailings etc
You can ask for your information to be deleted at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or opting our via mailchimp
Collection of data
You have a right to know what and how your data will be used .
- To respond to relevant enquiries received by direct email or via or Craft Courses web site
- Data for clients who book activities and workshops – name, address, email , phone number, method of payment, reasonable adjustments/ adaptions needed for the data subject to attend a workshop and numbers of people attending.
- Items purchased – Name, address, email, phone number method of payment. activity attendance, and details relating to purchase of item or event booking
- Confirmation of opt in / opt out relating to any of the above
Social Media Platforms
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Third party organisations who process payments on behalf of JaxsArts & Designs.
- Tictail. For further information about Tictail data policies, see their website https://tictail.com/privacy-policy
- Izettle. For further information about Izettle data policies, see their website https://www.izettle.com/gb/privacy-policy
- PayPal .For further information about PayPal’s data policies, see their website https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.)
Personal data will never be passed on to third parties without requesting explicit permission to do so, other than already identified above, or when required by law or relevant government bodies to do so. ( see details relating to cookie collection)
Security process digital information
- Relevant data stored on computers used by JaxsArts will be encrypted using industry standard encryption (Windows Build in file or OS encryption) and will be securely backup up regularly.
- Passwords and encryption will be used to protect electronic data and on 3rd party websites listed above and our email providers.
If you have any queries about this policy or if you would like us to remove amend any information that is stored by JaxsArts please contact us via email@example.com
Data subjects have the right to make access requests to see what information is kept by them they also have the right ask for the data to be corrected or deleted and forgotten.
What to do if you think that if data protection rules may have been breached.
- In the first instance contact JaxsArts to report the breach. JaxsArts will respond to any enquiries or issues as soon as possible and within 72 hours of receiving the notification or as soon as possible if they are on unavailable e.g on holiday.
- JaxsArts will also keep a record of any personal data breaches, regardless of whether we are required to notify.
- JaxsArts will investigate any potential personal data breach thoroughly and act as required by the current GDPR regulations guidance, (25 May 2018) as set out by the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office),
Policy 2nd revision November 18