This policy relates to personal data that is held by JaxsArts & Designs also trading as JaxsArts Willow Sculpture and Crafts, potential clients, exisiting clients and previous clients (after this called the ‘data subject’)
Recording personal data
We will make and keep a record of the personal data we hold and why we have it along with other requirements. “Personal data” means any information by which a person can be directly or indirectly identified. (after this called the ‘data subject’)
This policy does not apply to businesses as this is not required in the legislation, although if you are a business and wish to opt in/out of receiving any of my mailings etc or book me to work with you then your information will be treated with the same care.
Individual rights relating to personal data
People have the following 7 rights over the personal data we hold about them.
- We will inform people how we use and store their data, and any changes we make to the procedures
- People have a right to request to see a copy of the data that we hold for them
- People have a right to request that data that is stored about them is amended.
- People have a right to request that their data is removed from our records, where appropriate to do so (a record of how this has been processed must be kept and include the date, what was erased and when this was done)
- People have a right to request that we restrict the way their data is processed, for example, mail chimp unsubscribe option
- People have the right to object to the way that their data is handled, for example, if they feel that there data is not being used lawfully to respond to a query etc. as set out under Lawful basis for personal data .
Why we collect your data
- To enable potential workshop/ events enquiries to be dealt with.
- To enable workshops and classes to take place and relevant information to be given as needed.
- To enable JaxsArts to comply with legal safety obligations and allow communication with data subjects about the activities that they wish to be involved in.
This data will be kept only to administer a enquire, and provide a workshop/ activity or as required by such government bodies as the Inland Revenue.
Information that you give us
- For example when you sign up for e-newsletters via https://www.jaxsarts.co.uk
- Send us a completed contact form via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a booking or purchase an item through our website shop http://jaxsartscrafts.tictail.com/
- Make a booking or enquiry through the Craft Course website https://www.craftcourses.com/
- Or make a booking with us directly via email@example.com
Security of your personal information
- JaxsArts will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
- We will only choose third parties for processing your personal information who do the same.
- JaxsArts will only store your personal information for as long as necessary for each process.
- Once the activity has taken place all unnecessary data will be removed .
You can ask for your information to be deleted at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of data
You have a right to know what and how your data will be used .
- To respond to relevant enquiries received by direct email or via or Craft Courses web site
- Data for clients who book activities and workshops – name, address, email , phone number, method of payment, reasonable adjustments/ adaptions needed for the data subject to attend a workshop and numbers of people attending.
- Items purchased – Name, address, email, phone number method of payment. activity attendance, and a record of event bookings.
- Confirmation of opt in / opt out relating to any of the above
- Data subjects can also opt in to receive JaxsArts newsletters, workshop invitations and volunteer newsletters this will be via direct email or via Mailchimp.
- The option too unsubscribe will depend on the method used to contact you which will be either mailchimp unsubscribe option or by sending a email with the title unsubscribe. Please check that a confirmation has been received.
Third party organizations who process payments on behalf of JaxsArts & Designs.
- JaxsArts shop http://jaxsartscrafts.tictail.com- booking and purchase details are processed by Tictail on behalf of JaxsArts . For further information about Tictail data policies, see their website https://tictail.com/privacy-policy
- Direct payments are also processed at external events, eg craft fairs, using the Izettle card reader which is encrypted and password protected. (For further information about Izettle data policies, see their website https://www.izettle.com/gb/privacy-policy
- PayPal payments and reimbursements (For further information about PayPal’s data policies, see their website https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.)
Personal data will never be passed on to third parties without requesting explicit permission to do so, other than already identified above, or when required by law or relevant government bodies to do so.
Security process digital information
- Relevant data stored on computers used by JaxsArts will be encrypted using industry standard encryption (Windows Build in file or OS encryption) and will be securely backup up regularly.
- Passwords and encryption will be used to protect electronic data and on 3rd party websites listed above and our email providers.
If you have any queries about this policy or if you would like us to remove amend any information that is stored by JaxsArts please contact us via email@example.com
Data subjects have the right to make access requests to see what information is kept by them they also have the right ask for the data to be corrected or deleted and forgotten.
What to do if you think that if data protection rules may have been breached.
- In the first instance contact JaxsArts to report the breach. JaxsArts will respond to any enquiries or issues as soon as possible and within 72 hours of receiving the notification or as soon as possible if they are on unavailable e.g on holiday.
- JaxsArts will also keep a record of any personal data breaches, regardless of whether we are required to notify.
- JaxsArts will investigate any potential personal data breach thoroughly and act as required by the current GDPR regulations guidance, (25 May 2018) as set out by the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office),
Policy date May 2018