The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website Jaxsarts.co.uk and website owners and how it stores and protects your data and information
Contact & Communication
Anyone who contacts this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but we advise users using contact forms that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted.
If you ask to be subscribed to our email newsletter we will use a suitable organisation such as MailChimp to facilitate this
Recording personal data
We will make and keep a record of the personal data we hold and why we have it along with other requirements. “Personal data” means any information by which a person can be directly or indirectly identified.
For further relating to Individual rights relating to personal data visit https://ico.org.uk/
Why we collect your data
- To enable us to respond to any enquiries.
- To enable you to purchase items and services, to enable workshops and activities to take place and relevant information to be given as needed.
- To enable JaxsArts to keep you informed about future activities.
- To enable JaxsArts to comply with legal safety obligations and allow communication with you about the activities that they wish to be involved in.
- And as required by such government bodies as the Inland Revenue
Information that you give us
- Contact form via the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a booking or purchase an item i.e Name, address, email, phone number, method of payment. and details relating to purchasing of an item or event booking.
- Email received when you make an enquiry through the Craft Courses website
- Email – when you sign up to receive a newsletters
You have a right to know what and how your data will be used.
- To respond to relevant enquiries received by direct email or via or Craft Courses web site
- Data for clients who book activities and workshops – name, address, email, phone number, method of payment, reasonable adjustments/needed, dietary requirements and the numbers of people attending.
- Items purchased – May include name, address, email, phone number method of payment. and details relating to purchasing of an item or event booking.
- Confirmation of opt in / opt out relating to any of the above.
- To share with NHS track and trace if necessary.
Social Media Platforms
- You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Third party organisations who process payments on behalf of JaxsArts & Designs or organised workshops provided by JaxsArts
- In addition to this website – JaxsArts advertised workshops on Craft Courses web site and works with other organisations who have engaged her to provide workshops on their behalf.
Personal data will never be passed on to third parties without requesting explicit permission to do so except for as in such circumstances as required by current legislation/government edict.
- JaxsArts will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible.
- We will only choose third parties for processing your personal information who do the same.
- JaxsArts will only store your personal information for as long as necessary for each process
- Once the activity has taken place all unnecessary data will be removed if you wish to receive further mailings please ask to be subscribed to the mailing list
What to do if you think that if data protection rules may have been breached.
- In the first instance contact JaxsArts to report the breach.(email@example.com) . JaxsArts will respond to any enquiries within 72 hours of receiving the notification or as soon as possible if they are on unavailable e.g on holiday.
- JaxsArts will investigate any potential personal data breach thoroughly and act as required by the current GDPR regulations guidance, (25 May 2018) as set out by the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office),
Policy updated June 2020