I provide the option for you to take part in a willow activity either by watching a video tutorial which you can use at your own pace and can be used by indoviduals or groups or a bookable zoom workshops that are suitable for small groups of 2-6 households
The materials are included and posted to you in advance with instructions of how to do this, If you wish to use willow that is suitable for going outside you will need a minimum of 5 days to soak the materials ready to join in with the activity
Small items workshop a great introduction to willow sculpture in your own home.
Create a selection of items do decorate your home and garden, a lovely introduction to willow sculpture for anyone wishing to make a number of smaller items and is a great way to connect with family and friends
£40 per person, 2 hr workshop, £65, 5 hr (+ time to stop for breaks)
The 2 hr workshop allows for 2 items to be made the 5 hr workshop allows for at least 4 items or several of the same Items include hearts and flowers dragonflies, butterflies, and bird feeders, fish, mini hares and a selection of seasonal items such as Christmas decorations trees, fairies, stars, mini reindeer, etc
The online workshop is suitable for anyone who has good hand dexterity and strength , children may take part but may need a assistance.
What to expect at one of my workshops
We will arrange a date for us to meet each other in my virtual workshop.
If you prefer to join in with other students I will be arranging group online workshops as well the choice is yours and if you have friends and family that you would like to do this with that’s fine. We will all need to be doing the same workshop.
I like to keep my attendee numbers low to enable me to provide the support and advice where needed and so I limit my places to a maximum of 6 participants at this online workshop.
What will I provide
I will send you the willow that you need to complete the project and instructions on how to prepare the willow in advance of the workshop as well as some hints and tips etc. We will then arrange a date to meet for our virtual workshop.
To be able to take part
You will need
- A computer or tablet with a camera and microphone and access to Zoom – for information about getting connected
- Somewhere to soak the willow e.g. a bath, old paddling pool etc, if you don’t have anything suitable I can advise please contact me.
- Some large towels
- A pair of bypass secateurs or medium side cutters/ pliers to cut the willow ( if you don’t have anything that is suitable let me know and I can include in the pack for an additional cost price)
- Plenty of room to move around – willow is long it’s easier to knock things over a large kitchen table with space, chair, cushion on the floor or even outside if its a nice day and you have a good internet connection.
- If your planning to do this workshop with someone else at home you will need even more room so that you don’t wack each other with the willow when your working. If your not sure send me a photo so I can tell you what will work.
To book a place please contact me
Please note that the workshops charge is non refundable but may be transferred