Introduction to rag rugs workshop
If you have ever fancied having a go at learning how to make a rag rug or want to get started again then this is the ideal workshop for you.
Together we will create a small piece of work to get you started which will enable you to create a piece that can be turned into a cushion/ a bag/ wall hanging or anything you choose. You are most welcome to start on a larger project if you wish to work on it on your own.
This online workshop is suitable for adults and teenagers at all levels of experience (please note that you will need to have good hand dexterity and strength as there is a lot of twisting and pulling and scissor movements)
I offer three options
- Kit with equipment a selection of materials and paper guide £35
- Kit with equipment. a selection of materials and guide and a three hr Zoom workshop £50
I am happy to provide follow on workshops without the kit and extended full-day workshops as well, if you are interested in discussing this further please see below and contact me
What to expect at one of my workshops taught via zoom
We will arrange a date for us to meet each other for a virtual workshop.
If you prefer to join in with other students and friends simply book a space for each of you. ( if you need a specific date please contact me first)
- A selection of materials to experiment with, ( please note that some of these include upcycled materials that have been washed).
- 1 American rag rug hook, 1 homemade peg prodder with a spare peg for you to make your own.
- Felt tip to draw your design on the hessian
- Paper and pencil
- Guide - step-by-step instructions and photos showing you the different techniques that you can and when and how to use them, advice on selecting materials, and the different techniques that you can use to complete your project.
Items that you need to provide
Fabric scissors, needles, and thread.
- If you have an embroidery ring is also handy but it is not necessary.
- If you have your own fabric /material that you want to use as well that is most welcome
- Fabric edging tape or wide ribbon
- Fabric glue is useful for some projects
You will need the following
- A computer or tablet with a camera and microphone to enable you to go online, we will be using Zoom.for information about getting connected
To book a place please read the booking information page
and follow this link to my shop
Next step rag workshops working on a larger project – experimenting with new ideas or full-day workshops)
If you have already attended an introduction workshop you might want to join in with one of these workshops which will enable you to extend your skills further and work through new ideas if this is the case please contact me to discuss.