Hello and welcome to my current willow workshops page
My current workshops are taking place in the Eastleigh/ Hedge End area of Hampshire
For details of the other workshop that I offer please read the relevant pages. I am also regularly involved with events and projects details of which can be found on my events and news page above.
MY WORKSHOPS x3
Willow Owl workshop, Saturday 14th October (£70) 10.30 am -4.30 pm Itchen Valley Country Park, Eastleigh
Create a beautiful willow owl for your house or garden. A fantastic days workshop creating something that little bit different
We will be creating the younger sibling of this fine fellow who was created over a weekend.( maximum 6 places)
Places must be booked by Thursday 5th October.
Create a small deer or reindeer, Saturday 2nd December 10.30 am -4.30 pm (£70) Itchen Valley Country Park
Create a small deer or reindeer, Saturday 9th December 10.00 am -4.00 pm (£70) Hildean Centre
We will be creating the baby brother or sister of this fine fellow which was created over a weekend . You will be able to easily keep it your home or in the garden , just in time for Christmas. We will be creating the baby brother or sister of this fine fellow which was created over a weekend . You will be able to easily keep it your home or in the garden , just in time for Christmas.
( maximum 6 places)
WORKSHOPS WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS x2
D@rt Arts Centre, Hedge End, Eastleigh, Southampton to book a place please contact the D@rt http://thedart.co.uk/art-craft-workshops/
Create a willow mushroom 1/2 day workshop
7th October, 10am -1.3opm £33
A lovely creation that combines traditional basketry skills with sculpture
Ideal for keeping inside or outside.(maximum 8 places)
Christmas Willow Crafts , 25th November 9.30 -4.30, £65
A lovely day of creativity making a variety of Christmas decorations, stars, bells, Christmas trees, small angels and wreaths. Have a go at this ancient rural craft technique and create unique pieces to decorate your home over the festive period, or to give as a lovely gift.( maximum 8 attendees)
Places must be booked by Thursday 23rd November
What to expect :
- All tools and materials are included, you are welcome to bring your own tools if you wish to and it is useful to bring a large damp towel to wrap the willow in.
- I will provide drinks and light snacks please advise me if you have any dietary requirements. and a light lunch on my own full day workshops (please note that other organisations might ask you to bring your own lunch)
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you like working in
- My class sizes are small, with a maximum of 8 participant places on each workshop unless otherwise stated.
- If you are making a large item you might find it easier to sit on the floor I will bring cushions just in case.
- As well as tuition on the day I usually provide further information including links to resources/ materials and other useful web links where possible and how to look after willow sculptures that you keep outside.
- Please note that working with willow and using small tools can be tiring on the hands and require a good level of hand dexterity and will be difficult to do if you have arthritis of a similar condition , please contact me if you have any queries,
- Please note that places must be booked a week in advance to allow me time to soak the willow..
To book your place please visit my craft shop page listed at the top.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer please email me via firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details including my cancelation policy view further details
The Barn at Itchen Valley Country Park is located on the edge of Southampton 10 minutes drive from m27 Junction 7 coming from the South or Junction 5 from the North
https://www.eastleigh.gov.uk/ivcp address Allington Lane West End, Southampton SO30 3HQ
The D@rt Centre, is located 5 minutes drive from M27 Juntion 7 near to Hedge End Village. http://thedart.co.uk/ address Wildern Lane, Hedge End SO30 4EJ
The Hilldeen Centre , 68 High St, West End, Southampton SO30 3DU which is located a short distance of the m27 junction 7. http://www.hilldenecentre.org.uk/
For information about all of the activities that I teach please visit the relevant pages