More about the workshops that I offer
I provide a variety of introductory and intermediate half day and full day willow workshops.
Half day workshop
These workshops cost £45 and are ideal for participants who have a little or no experience of making a willow sculpture and so is an ideal introduction to the art.
Topics will include working with live/ green willow to create live willow domes and fedges.
Small birds, bird feeders, medium willows obelisks/ globes, flowers.
Garden items e.g. obelisks, plant climbers ,bird feeders, plant trellises.
Catalonian platters, small baskets.free form baskets.
Full day workshops fall into two categories
1. Activities for students who are new to willow sculpture or have some experience:
Large wild birds - e.g herons/ egrets, duck/chickens , rabbits/ hares. medium sized globes and fruit . Bird houses, mushrooms. piglets, lambs
2. Intermediate workshops for students with some experience who have ideally already attended at least one willow sculpture wo workshop
e.gs include Heron, owls , pheasants, peacocks, flamingos, fox, medium deer/reindeer , piglets/ small pig, lamb. Large bird house, large spheres, apples and pears
Intermediate 2 day willow sculpture
I also provide 2 day workshops creating larger/ more detailed animals and more advanced sculpture designs.
What to expect :
- All tools and materials are included, you are welcome to bring your own tools if you wish to and it is useful to bring a large damp towel to wrap the willow in.
- I will provide drinks and light snacks please advise me if you have any dietary requirements. and a light lunch on my own full day workshops (please note that other organisations might ask you to bring your own lunch)
- Please wear comfortable clothing that you like working in
- My class sizes are small, with a maximum of 8 participant places on each workshop unless otherwise stated.
- If you are making a large item you might find it easier to sit on the floor I will bring cushions just in case.
- As well as tuition on the day I usually provide further information including links to resources/ materials and other useful web links and how to look after willow sculptures that you keep outside.
- Please note that working with willow and using small tools can be tiring on the hands and require a good level of hand dexterity and will be difficult to do if you have arthritis of a similar condition , please contact me if you have any queries,
- Please note that places must be booked a week in advance to allow me time to soak the willow..
To book your place please visit my craft shop page listed at the top.
If you wish to pay by bank transfer please email me via email@example.com
For further details including my cancelation policy view further details
Belmont Hall 105 Belmont Rd, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3FL. The hall is located 5 minutes drive from Junction 5, m27 and on bus routes from Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford ( if you are looking for the address on google mail search for Velmore Pre School)
The Botley Centre, High Street Recreation Ground, Botley, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 2ES. a short drive from m27 junction 7
The D@rt Centre, is located 5 minutes drive from M27 Juntion 7 near to Hedge End Village. http://thedart.co.uk/ address Wildern Lane, Hedge End SO30 4EJ
The Hilldene Centre , 68 High St, West End, Southampton SO30 3DU which is located a short distance of the m27 junction 7. http://www.hilldenecentre.org.uk/
The Barn at Itchen Valley Country Park is located on the edge of Southampton 10 minutes drive from m27 Junction 7 coming from the South or Junction 5 from the North. https://www.eastleigh.gov.uk/ivcp address Allington Lane West End, Southampton SO30 3HQ
Otterbourne Village Hall ( The Bianchi Suite) Cranbourne Drive, Otterbourne, Winchester, SO21 2ET http://www.otterbournevillagehall.org.uk/