Hello and welcome to my current workshops page with my latest activities
I am currently offering a range of half day and full day willow workshops which will enable students to learn the basic skills and techniques for basketry weaving and willow sculpture.
All of my workshop are designed for beginners and those with some experience and my classes are small.
A variety of willow workshops are available at the moment and include half day and full day activities.
Half day workshops
My half day workshops run from 10am – 1pm and . and take place at the Belmont Hall Chandlers Ford Eastleigh
Create a willow heart platter using basic basketry techniques. Saturday February 11th, Fee £30 per person
Ideal for beginners as well as those with some experience.
Introduction to lino block printmaking Saturday 8th April. £25 per person.
You will be introduced to the techniques and tools needed to create a lino block which can then be used to make a card or a small artwork or even a large stamp.
Mono printing 20th May, £25 per person
A introduction to this fantastic printing method, creating one of artworks.
Lots of fun and creativity to be had.
Full day workshops
The full day workshops run from 10 am – 4pm and cost £60 per person and take place at The Sorting Office Artist Studios in Eastleigh town centre.
Willow and cane spheres/ globe, Saturday April 1st ( previously 18th March)
Ideal for anyone who loves creating floristry designs , creating unique light decorations or as a interesting sculptural item for your garden. You will be able to create a range of different sizes.
An introduction to creating willow bird sculpture. Saturday 6th May
Create your own chicken or duck ideal for your garden or in the home.
Willow workshops with other organisations
An introduction to basket making with the Greyladyes Arts Foundation based in Old Bursledon Southampton. Saturday 11th March 10am -1pm £35 Participants will learn a variety of techniques to create a willow platter or simple basket to take home , all materials are included for further details and to book on this workshop please contact GAF directly. http://www.gaf.org.uk/
- All tools and materials are included, you are welcome to bring your own tools if you wish to.
- I will provide drinks and light snacks (please advise me if you have any dietary requirements).
- If you are planning to attend a day workshop please bring your own lunch.
- Please also bring an apron or wear clothing that you like working in. Please note that working with willow and using small tools can be tiring on the hands and require a good level of hand dexterity,please contact me if you have any queries,
- Places must be booked in advance to allow me time to soak the willow..
There is a maximum of 10 participant places on the half day workshop and 8 on the full day workshop so that each person is provided with all the support and help they need during the day.
My current willow workshop’s are held at
Belmont Hall, Belmont Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3EU ( if you are looking for the details on google maps the hall is listed as Velmore Pre School) and is situated at the Falkland Road junction
There is ample parking outside of the hall. and local bus services go to either Belmont Road or Falkland Road from the train station in Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford
and the Sorting Office Studios http://sorting-office.co.uk/about-us
37 Wells Road
The studio is a 5 minute walk from both the bus station and train station there are limited parking facilities at the studio so you may need to use the public car parks.
Payment If you wish to pay by Paypal please book your place through my craft shop page. If you wish to pay by bank transfer please email me via firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a place visit my shop and for further details
Details about the other willow activities that I teach can be found on my willow pages and printmaking related activities on my traditional crafts page
What to expect on all of my workshops
- My class sizes are small, with a maximum of 8 -10 participants . I often limit the number to less than that depending on the topic covered .
- As well as tuition on the day I usually provide further information including links to resources/ materials and other useful web links where possible.
- All materials are included in the price