Hello and welcome to my current workshops page with my latest activities
I am currently offering a range of half day and full day workshops which will enable students to learn the basic skills and techniques need to create their craft
All of my workshop are designed for beginners and those with some experience and my classes are small.
A variety of willow workshops are available at the moment and include half day and full day basketry weaving and willow sculpture. (please also visit my news and events page)
Unless otherwise stated you can book a place on the workshop through my shop
Half day workshops
My half day workshops run from 10am – 1pm and . and take place at the Belmont Hall Chandlers Ford Eastleigh
Introduction to lino block printmaking Saturday 8th April. £25 per person.
You will be introduced to the techniques and tools needed to create a lino block which can then be used to make a card or a small artwork or even a large stamp.
Mono printing 20th May, £25 per person
A introduction to this fantastic printing method, creating one of artworks.
Lots of fun and creativity to be had.
(10 places available)
Full day workshops
The full day workshops run from 10 am – 4pm and cost £60 per person and take place at The Sorting Office Artist Studios in Eastleigh town centre.
An introduction to creating a willow bird sculpture Saturday 6th May 10am – 4pm
Create your own chicken , goose or duck great for your garden or in the home. ( 5 days notice needed)
Workshops with other organisations
Hanger Farm Art Centre , Totton, Southampton
Willow leaf platter half day workshop
Friday 23rd June, 10.30 – 1.30, £35
Create a unique platter/ tray a unique item and something that little bit different. All materials and refreshments are included
Create a small rag rug in a day Friday 14th July 10.30 am – 4.30 pm, £65
We will be covering all aspects of creating a rag rug including getting started ,selecting materials , preparing and transferring your design, working with a prodder and hook and how to finish. Price includes all materials use of equipment and a scrumptious cream tea.
Please bring packed lunch
- .All tools and materials are included, you are welcome to bring your own tools if you wish to.
- I will provide drinks and light snacks (please advise me if you have any dietary requirements).
- If you are planning to attend a day workshop please bring your own lunch.
- Please also bring an apron or wear clothing that you like working in
- My class sizes are small, with a maximum of 8 participant places on each workshop unless otherwise stated.
- As well as tuition on the day I usually provide further information including links to resources/ materials and other useful web links where possible.
- Please note that working with willow and using small tools can be tiring on the hands and require a good level of hand dexterity,please contact me if you have any queries,
- Places must be booked in well in advance to allow me time to soak the willow..
The printing workshops are being held at
Belmont Hall, Belmont Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh SO53 3EU ( if you are looking for the details on google maps the hall is listed as Velmore Pre School) and is situated at the Falkland Road junction
There is ample parking outside of the hall. and local bus services go to either Belmont Road or Falkland Road from the train station in Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford
The willow workshops are being held at
and the Sorting Office Studios http://sorting-office.co.uk/about-us
37 Wells Road
The studio is a 5 minute walk from both the bus station and train station there are limited parking facilities at the studio so you may need to use the public car parks.
Payment If you wish to pay by Paypal please book your place through my craft shop page. If you wish to pay by bank transfer please email me via firstname.lastname@example.org
To book a place visit my shop and for further details
Details about the other willow activities that I teach can be found on my willow pages and printmaking related activities on my traditional crafts page